Roofing Contractor in St. Petersburg FL. Servicing All Surrounding Areas.
for a limited time
We are a fully certified roofing company that is focused on providing our customers with the best products and services in the industry. Our goal is to establish long-lasting relationships by surpassing your expectations and gaining your trust through exceptional service.
Call now for a free Estimate:727-916-3151
Whether you need a roof replacement on an older roof that is giving you problems or installing a new roof on your dream home, there are many things to contemplate. When it’s time for you to choose a new roof replacement material you must also consider color, style, and cost.
Another factor to consider is the structure of your home because not every roofing material can be used on every roof. A roof with a very low slope or completely flat will require a roofing material that is different from a steeper pitch. Also, materials like tile and slate are very heavy and some structures cannot support the weight.
Tile Roof Replacement
Shingle Roof Replacement
(TPO) Flat Roof Replacement
The type of roofing material you choose to have installed on your home will make a big difference on how it will perform, how it appears, and how long it will last. That’s why it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each roofing system and what you can expect out of them.
Identifying When Your Roof Needs A Replacement
Unfortunately determining if your roof needs a complete replacement is a little more complicated than deciding if your home’s paint needs a fresh coat. Chris Hloska says to be aware of physical signs that would suggest your home needs a new roof in Clearwater, St. Pete, or surrounding areas. Listed below are some common signs that may indicate you need a reroof:
- Peeling of exterior/interior paint.
- Areas that have mildew or dark spots.
- Visible damage from severe weather
- Your existing roof was incorrectly installed.
If your existing roof is close to 20 years old, then a roof replacement will be your best option. Every house at some point will need a new roof. It is best to react to these problems quickly to avoid internal problems and higher costs.
Your Roofs Worst Enemies
Yes, yes, even our roofs have enemies. Here in Florida, our roofs take a beating from elements such as wind, sun, rain and hail. Especially during summer. The sun has been known to take more years off your roof than any other factor. Our UV index is so high that it cooks your roof’s shingles causing them to crack and break apart.
Here is a breakdown of how each element can affect your roof:
- Sun: UV rays and heat will deteriorate your roofing materials over time. As mentioned above this is the worst enemy of your roof.
- Wind: High wind has been known to lift the corners of shingles and force water & debris underneath the materials causing rot. Severe wind can also cause considerable damage.
- Rain: Rain will get under deteriorated shingles or tiles and cause the roofing deck to rot. This extra moisture will cause mildew and rot elsewhere as well, such as insulation, ceilings, walls and electrical systems.
- Algae: Algae will grow in shaded and damp areas on asphalt or wood roofing materials. Algae is usually identified by its greenish-black stains. Since Algae can retain moisture it can cause rotting and other problems. To avoid Algae keep gutters clean and trim trees that overhang into your roof.
- Moss: Moss holds an incredible amount of moisture and should be removed immediately to avoid rotting wood. Moss can also grow roots which can work its way under your roofing materials. To avoid moss, it is important to trim bushes and trees away from your roof.
- Snow: Though we don’t have to worry about this in Florida, snow and ice will block gutters and cause water to get underneath the shingle which will cause rotting of the fascia and decking.
- Trees and Leafs: Not only will trees cause moss and algae formation as noted above but it will also cause gouges and scratches to roofing materials if branches rub against your roof. Furthermore, falling tree branches can damage or puncture roofing materials. Leafs will also hold moisture and block gutter systems which will lead to rot.
- Condensation: Condensation over time will wreak havoc on a poorly ventilated attic. Moisture will promote the decay of rafters and wood sheathing which could destroy any roofing material from the inside out. Your ideal attic should be close to the outside temperature to avoid condensation. This can be achieved with bigger or additional vents.
These elements will cause weak spots which are most commonly found along the edges where your roof meets a chimney, vents, or walls. Often the cause of a roof leak is the deterioration of flashing along these roof junctions. Additionally, there could always be natural circumstances that can cause damage to your roof, much like this little guy caused:
How Roofs Are Measured And Materials Sold
In St. Pete and most other areas in Florida roofs are most commonly sold by the “square.” 100sq ft. of roofing area equals 1 square. It doesn’t matter how you arrive at 100sq ft. because it always equals 1 square. Example:
10 ft. x 10 ft. = 1 square
5 ft. x 20 ft. = 1 square
2 ft. x 50 ft. = 1 square
Roofing Materials & System Components
A steeply sloped roofing system (EG: slope of 25% or more) will have 5 essential components.
- Roofing Material: Visible surface such as tile, TPO flat, metal, or shingles.
- Underlayment: Also known as “felt paper” is the waterproof barrier in between the roof covering and the sheathing.
- Sheathing: Sheet boards that are nailed to your roof rafters.
- Flashing: Materials such as sheet metal that is used to prevent water seepage in various roofing systems. EG: chimneys, joints, and valleys.
- Drainage: Used to funnel rainwater down sewage or drainage system.
Roof Replacement Costs
As a homeowner looking for a residential roof replacement company in St. Pete, Tampa, Clearwater, or surrounding areas I’m sure you’re wondering: How much will it cost to replace my roof?
Well, before comparing different roof replacement costs associated with installing a new roof on your home it’s crucial to understand that not every roof is made the same and not every roofer charges the same price. You must put into consideration the type of roof you want, your geographical area, the complexity & slope of your roof, and the company you choose to hire.
For example, the price of two homes with similar square footage can vary by almost twice as much due to pitch, chimneys, slope, skylights, etc.
Without precise details of your roof, it is impossible to give you an accurate estimate. Though if your roof has a low slope with few angles and features then you can expect the reroof cost be closer to the lower spectrum. On the other hand, a highly complex roof with steep slopes and a variety of features will most likely place your cost closer to the high-end spectrum. There are even instances where a shingle roof could cost more than a tile roof because of these complexities.
Shopping for a new roof is more than just roofing prices because the cost doesn’t tell the entire story. Make sure the roofing contractors you get estimates from are licensed & insured, have good track records, and have a permanent place of business. Beware of “weekend warriors” or “storm chasers” because they often have no insurance, no workers comp, and no warranty.
It is important that your warranty is issued by a reputable manufacturer that has the financial capabilities to stand behind its warranty claims. Roofing manufacturers will cover defects in roofing materials. However, it’s crucial that you read the fine print. In some instances, warranties may not be transferable when you sell your home while others cost of materials may be prorated over time.
Choosing A Roofing Company Near Me
Don’t spend hours picking out the very best type of roof replacement material to have then it improperly installed, often by the lowest bidder. Your roof is your home’s most important shield against the elements, so make sure it’s installed correctly. Spend some time researching the different contractors in your area so you can ask yourself “what’s the best Clearwater roof replacement contractor near me.”
“You get what you paid for,” is a common expression in the roofing industry.
When a roofing contractor’s price is far below others, then there is something wrong. These types of companies are often not insured, licensed or bonded. Without paying the proper requirements to run a professional roofing company they can offer a better price. But that comes at a higher cost later down the road or if there is an accident on your property while they were installing the roof.
Don’t cut the life of your roof by cutting corners, here are some tips to qualify your roofing company in Clearwater, St. Pete, Wesley Chapel, or surrounding areas:
- Check to see if there is a physical business location and that it is not ran out of a residential house.
- Verify the phone number, business license, and tax ID.
- Ask the roofing company for proof of insurance, liability coverage and workers comp certificates.
- Check BBB.org to see if customers have filed any complaints. Also take note of their average rating. The Roofing Company of Tampa Bay has an A+ rating!
- Make sure the roofing contractor is licensed. Sunbiz.org will supply business information.
- Look up reviews on the roofing company in question. Some good review sites are Angieslist, Google, BBB, Facebook, and Yelp.
- Visit national or regional roofing associations, such as FRSA. If the company is a member of these organizations, it shows they have demonstrated a commitment to professionalism.
- During your estimate request a detailed written proposal so that you fully understand product specifications, duration of project, payment procedures, and materials that will be used.
- If you want a particular roof replacement brand, then ask if the roofing company has an account with that manufacturer. Not every roofer can get material from every manufacturer because they require special application expertise to achieve the warranty duration offered.
- Fully understand what is covered and excluded in your warranty.
As mentioned before it is important to be skeptical about the lowest priced roofing company. If it sounds too good to be true, it often is. Many storm chasers, aka fly by night contractors are below average roofing costs because they are often uninsured and perform unskilled work. Furthermore down the road if a warranty claim is necessary they will be long gone.
Not only is The Roofing Company of Tampa Bay fully dedicated to %100 customer satisfaction, but we are also fully licensed, insured, and bonded. You can trust if you hire us that your project will be up to code by matching or exceeding Florida roofing regulations. We don’t cut corners here because we believe a successful company is sustained by happy customers who refer us to friends and family.
Take a look at some of our rating from third party sources:
As you can see from these review sites we’re not just tooting our own horn, we’ve had hundreds of customers that were so happy that they took the time to leave us a review. If you would like a FREE roofing estimate, give us a call 727-916-3151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.