- The pre-existing modified roof was removed down to the wood deck and thoroughly inspected. We found three rotten/damaged boards which were removed and replaced with new pieces and nailed to current building code.
- We re-nailed the wood deck per Florida building code with 8d ring shank coil nails every 6″.
- Next, we installed tapered insulation over the existing deck in order to elevate the roof so that water runs off and does not pool.
- Installed new 7″ drip edge with roofing cement on top of the drip edge.
- Installed 60 mil thick TPO (thermoplastic Polyolefin).
- Installed proper flashing around all pipes, vents, and penetrations.
- Installed termination bar where applicable.
- Installed/sealed new counter flashing along wall with proper fasteners.
Items That Lower Home Owner Insurance!
- Included wind mitigation in contract.
- Installed hurricane stripes.